Kansas Insurance Licensing

The information provided by Agenzee is intended to be accurate and current regarding licensing and appointment requirements across states. While we make every effort to ensure precision through research and expertise, we recommend that readers independently verify details by contacting their state’s insurance department for precise regulations. Remaining informed is essential, and we are here to assist you on your path.

Appointments and Terminations in Kansas



Within 30 days of appointment effective date



$2 for LOA domestic, $5 for LOA foreign and alien





Via NIPR Portal

Jan. 4, 2024 - March 1, 2024

No fees


Voluntary termination; inadequate production; cancelled by general agent; death; company defunct or liquidation; company indebtedness; poor policyholder services; agent moved; appointed in error; request regulatory review


Licensing in Kansas

Initial individual new license fee:





License renewal fee:



Agency Licensing in Kansas



90 days prior to expiration until the expiration date. Late renewal ends 90 days after the expiration date.

Independent Adjuster Licensing in Kansas

Only Public Adjusters

Biennially on the last day of the adjuster's birth month in an even- or odd-numbered year depending on your year of birth.

Continuing Education Requirements for Kansas Insurance Licensees

Here at Agenzee, we strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information on CE requirements for various states. While we take pride in our thorough research and expertise, we encourage our readers to conduct their own due diligence by consulting their state’s department of insurance for specific requirements. Remember, staying informed is key, and we’re here to support you on your journey to compliance!

Licensees must complete a total of 18 hours of continuing education every two years.

The renewal period is biennial, occurring every two years.

The license renewal date falls on the last day of the licensee's birth month.

Renewal year is based on the year of birth.

Continuing education must be completed prior to the license expiration.

A CE reminder is sent 90 days prior to the license expiration date.

If not licensed for a full two years by the first renewal, an additional two years are given to complete licensure. Producers only licensed to sell crop insurance are required to complete 2 hours of CE. Producers only licensed to sell title insurance are required to complete 4 hours of CE.

Within 12 months of license expiration, licensees can complete CE, pay a $100 reinstatement fee, and pay a renewal fee to reinstate the license. If more than a year but less than four years have passed, licensees must be fingerprinted again, pay a $100 reinstatement fee, complete CE, and pay a $90 application fee. After four years, the licensee will be considered as applying anew and will have to retake any licensing exams.

Three hours of CE must be dedicated to ethics.

Initial certification requires a 4-hour training course, followed by 1 hour of CE each renewal period.

Licensees must complete a one-time, 4-hour course.

Frequently Asked Questions on Kansas Insurance Licensing

Begin by ensuring you meet all pre-licensing requirements, submit fingerprints, and apply through the NIPR Gateway.

Kansas offers a range of licenses including Insurance Producer, Public Adjuster, and several types of limited licenses.

Yes, Kansas mandates 18 hours of Continuing Education every two years, including specific requirements based on the type of insurance sold.



Vicki Schmidt

(785) 296-7862

Kansas Insurance Department Attn: Producers Division